KVS Hr. Sec. School
To meet the growing demand for school education, it was decided to shift the high school sections to yet another spacious and modern building with all the facilities. Foundation Stone for the new High School building was laid by Sri.C.Subramanian B.A.,B.L., the Education Minister under the Presidentship of Sri.K.Kamaraj on 11.10.1953 at Madurai Road. The construction went on for three years and on 30.10.1956, the ground floor of the new building was declared open by Sri.K.Kamaraj, Chief Minister of Madras State. On the same day two ancillary buildings to house Engineering and Secretarial courses were also opened and the high school classes were housed in the new building.
The New School Campus
The School has a vast area of playground providing all facilities for all the games. The running track, Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Ball Badminton and Tennicoit Courts adorn the playground. Above all an imposing stadium to house more than 5000 viewers has also been built and opened on 22.10.1959 by Prof. Humayan Kabir, Central Minister for Scientific Research and Culture.The first floor of the new school building was completed and opened on 20.10.1957 by Sri.C.Subramanian B.A.,B.L., the then Education and law Minister. Now, the Main Building bore a majestic look which can be comparable to that of a University. The park in front of the Main building enhanced the beauty of the campus. The campus was well protected by Majestic entrance gates and compound walls.
The Main building has also been provided with two main halls, one at the ground floor and another at the first floor. Apart from examinations, important meetings, seminars, and exhibitions are held in the hall. No doubt, main hall has been closely associated with every people who studied in the school .
The New Strides of the High School
Mr.G.George took over charge as Headmaster in 1958. Under his effective and efficient leadership, the school made great strides and achieved many mile – stones in academic, co – curricular and extra-curricular fields. He set many standards and paved a strong road for his followers to follow. The school provided multivarious training to the boys. Apart from the Engineering and Secretarial courses, a pre – Vocational training centre was opened on 04.03.1965 and Motor-mechanic course was started in 1973.
The need to provide instruction through English Medium was felt. Accordingly the English medium section in 6th standard was started on 01.06.1962. In subsequent years classes 7,8,9 and 10 were opened. To house the English Medium classes separately a block was newly built and opened on 28.10.1968.
The Higher Secondary Course
The new 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education was introduced by Tamilnadu Government in the year 1978. Hence our K.V.S. High School became K.V.S. Higher Secondary School in 1978 and classes for 11th standard started in the academic year 1978 – 79. The inaugural function for Higher Secondary classes was held on 03.07.1978 under the divine president ship of Thirumuruga Kirupanantha Wariyar swamigal. To house the Higher Secondary Classes a new block was built and opened in the first floor of the English Medium Block in 1979. Since then the Higher Secondary Sections (11th and 12th standards) are functioning to the great satisfaction of all producing excellent academic records.